- 1 x 1/2 metre by one metre take‐off board/mat for the U10 to U12 age groups inclusive.
- 1 x one metre by 20 centimetres take ‐off board for the U13 age group and up
Athletes allowed three (3) jumps, not three consecutive jumps.
A foul jump will be recorded if:
- Take‐off from outside either side of the metre width, whether beyond or behind the extension front line of the take‐off area.
- Any part of the foot is over the front line.
- They walk back through the pit without first correctly exiting the pit
- They touch the ground outside the landing area nearer to the take‐off point than the nearest break in the landing area made by the jump.
- When leaving the landing area, first contact with the border or ground outside is nearer the takeoff line than the nearestbreak in the sand made on landing.
- In the course of landing the competitor touches the ground outside the landing area nearer to the take‐off point than the nearest break in the landing area made by the jump.
- Any type of somersaulting is used.
- If the competitor fails to land in the pit
- They run past the front edge of the take‐off
- Measurements are made to the nearest centimetre below (eg: 3.426 metres is recorded as 3.42 metres, and a jump of 3.84 metres will be recorded as 3.84 metres).
- The jump is measured as the shortest distance from the break in the sand nearest to the take‐off point (regardless of what part of the body made the mark) to the point of imprint of the competitor’s takeoff foot nearest the landing point.
- U13‐Open in Long the measurement is taken from the front of the board/mat.