On Sunday the UC Ginninderra Tigers claimed Athletics ACT’s Junior RunACT Series at the conclusion of the third event at Stromlo Forest Park.
Led brilliantly by Ginninderra’s State Representatives including two-time National Medalist Jacob Davill, Meg Freeman, Hannah Cadden and James Lemon showed absolute class in the three event series.
While official results haven’t been published, a snapshot from Junior RunACT follows:
- Lucas Davill 5th place overall in the series u10s
- Will Lemon 4th place overall in the series u10s
- Jacob Davill 1st overall series winner for 3km
- Jimmy Lemon 4th place overall in the series 3km
- Meg Freeman 4th overall, 2nd girl and first in age group
With the Junior Series now completed, attention now turns to the Open Series and will Ginninderra hold on to its title it won last year?
The Open Series is run in conjunction with the YMCA of Canberra Runners Club , $10 for the first race, $5 after that. The dates for the events are as follows:
- Stromlo Age/Gender Handicap: 2/5km – 25 June
- Runners Shop Fun Run: 2/5/10km – 16 July
- Dunrossil Drive X-Country: 2.1/4.2km – 30 July
- Stromlo X-Country: 2/4/6km – 6 August
Its not too late to run with the Tigers. Speak with us for more information.